In response to comments by some potential purchasers, this Cross Rack has been made Mini to accommodate buyers with smaller spaces and wine collections. The Rack has all of the same features as the Full Sized version but is considerably more compact AND lighter (18″ vs 27″ diameter, 27 lb vs 47 lb). The capacity of the rack is approximately 16 bottles and will fit easily on a counter top, bar or on the floor. The compact size makes the Rack more portable and allows it to fit into compact spaces.
NOW AVAILABLE IN WALL HANGING MODEL!
This beautiful and unique wine rack will fit seamlessly into many different setting in your home. Bar, Rec Room, Wine Cellar, Kitchen, Dining Room. This Mini Cross-Rack Wine Cabinet has been created from reused solid oak wine barrels. These barrels were hand crafted in cooperages in Europe and North America and were used by wineries in the Okanagan and Napa valleys in the process of ageing red wine. The years of red wine stains on the exterior and the wine crystals remaining on the interior all remind you of the original purpose and years of use. We have given these barrels new life and purpose!
The structural integrity of this Cross-Rack Wine Cabinet has been assured with the following features:
– Bands are screwed into every stave
– To create the Mini Cross Rack it is necessary to cut the steel bands at the bottom of the rack and remove 8 to 9 staves, squeeze the remaining staves into a smaller circumference and then re-attach the overlapping bands to retain structural integrity.
– The cross-rack members are set in routed channels to ensure rigidity
– The members are then secured with screws inserted through the members and into the barrel staves for additional strength and rigidity
– The rack sits on a sturdy custom-built stand fabricated from barrel staves which is affixed to the barrel by two furniture style bolts. This prevents rotation of the rack when unequally loaded.
– The rack and stand are given a light sanding and finished with a light linseed oil application
– The rack is shipped with the stand removed and the screw bolts and a hex key for easy installation.
End Diameter 18″
Max Diameter 19″
Max Height ~21″
Weight 27 lb (12 kg)
NOTE: Pictures shown in this listing may vary from actual product. Every product is hand-crafted and one-of-a-kind. Each barrel is unique and different in characteristics from every other including the markings from the barrel maker or winery, stave length, stave markings and width.
This piece can be modified to meet your specific needs as a custom order. Hand-crafted in Calgary Alberta
There are no reviews yet.