Beautiful wine barrel coffee table made from real wine barrel and solid wood. Storage space inside. Built by a professional woodworker, top quality and craftsmanship!
Max Width 30″
Max Length 39”
Top Height 19″ closed – 30″ opened
This beautiful coffee table has been created from a reused solid oak wine barrel. These barrels were hand crafted in cooperages in Europe and North America and were used by wineries in the Okanagan and Napa valleys in the process of ageing red wine The original cooperage brand and markings and the naturally red wine-stained interior remind you of the original purpose and years of use.
The top, inside frame and base are solid Western Red Cedar. The top, interior frame and stand have been stained lightly to match the barrel exterior and finished with Danish Oil.
The pop-up top lifts easily on a spring assisted mechanism which converts to a work or food and beverage table at standard table height. It is also gas-dampened on closing and magnetic catches hold the top firmly once closed. The interior of the barrel is the original beautifully red wine-stained deep burgundy color with a light linseed oil treatment.
Lots of room inside the barrel for storage of cushions, quilts, books etc. This rustic table would fit into many sophisticated settings.
Wine barrels start their lives, well… full of wine! Once decommissioned the barrels staves, which have been saturated in the lovely liquid will begin to dry out and shrink. The steel bands are the only thing holding a barrel together; no glue, nails or screws are used. Once the steel bands have been cut it is necessary to secure the barrel from falling apart!
The structural integrity of this table has been assured with the following features:
– Band tops are screwed into every stave with additional screws strategically placed around the
– After the barrels has been cut the lid is predrilled and cross-screwed with 8-10″ lag bolts to ensure total integrity of the lid and stave unit
– The frame is attached to a cross-brace at each end of the half-barrel adds rigidity to the lid and table and forms the base for the pop-up mechanism
– The half-barrel is set into a rugged custom-fitted stand (last photo above) to ensure strength and stability of the unit
– The barrel is given a light sanding and finished with a light linseed oil application to bring out the natural colors
– The top has been finished with a durable matt Danish Oil finish for durability and water resistance.
NOTE: Pictures shown in this listing may vary from actual product. Every product is hand-crafted and one-of-a-kind. Each barrel is unique and different in characteristics from every other including the markings from the barrel maker or winery, stave length, stave markings and width.
This piece can be modified to meet your specific needs as a custom order.
Customer Conversation Notes: